- Semmelweis University, Budapest
- Faculty of Health Sciences, Budapest
- University of Szeged
- University of Pécs
- Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, Budapest
- McDaniel College Budapest
- McDaniel College, Budapest – Pre-Medical Program
- University of Szeged - Preparatory Course/Foundation Year
University of Pécs
The historic city of Pécs is proud to house the country’s oldest University, which was founded in 1367 by King Louis the Great.
The University of Pécs is a state University. The medical school is listed in the WHO’s directory of Medical Schools and is accredited by the Hungarian Accreditation Board.
The International Program started in 1984. Our students come from 39 countries all over the world.
In the academic year 2012/13 156 general medicine, 55 dentistry and 42 pharmacy students were admitted to the medical school.
Application deadline is June 30, 2013!
Documents to be handed in for application:
- completed application form with 1 passport-size photo
- copy of school leaving certificate and official transcript of grades from secondary school (in English or with an authorized translation)
- Europass CV
- copy of passport with personal data
Guideline of Topics for the Entrance Exam
1. Evolution: chemical and biological aspects.
2. Chemical background in Biology: Structure of atoms; Molecules – chemical bonds; Solutions; Chemical reactions; Inorganic constituents; Hydrocarbons; Organic compounds containing Oxygen or Sulphur; Organic compounds containing Nitrogen; Carbohydrates; Amino acids and Proteins; Lipids; Vitamins; Nucleic acids.
3. The cell and its organization (morphology and function): Prokaryotes (bacteria) and Eukaryotes (focus on cilia and flagella, cell wall, cell membrane, endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi complex, lysosome, mitochondrion, plast, ribosome, centriole, nucleus, nucleolus).
4. From cells to tissues of different structures and functions (plant and animal tissues as well).
5. Cell division: mitosis and meiosis.
6. Anabolic and catabolic pathways regarding nucleic acids, proteins, carbohydrates, lipids (photosynthesis, bioenergetics included).
7. The physiology of living organisms: respiration, ingestion and digestion, excretion, circulation,
endocrine and neural regulation, immunobiology, locomotion.
8. Reproduction and development of animals.
9. Genetics: Mendelian inheritance, human genetics.
10. Basic ethology.
11. Basic ecology (cycles of C, N, P, H2O included).
Note: In all of these questions, knowledge of English terminology is required!
|Fees and costs:|
|Application fee||200 USD|
|Medicine (Year 1-6)||8 300 USD||7 000 USD||15 300 USD|
|Dentistry (Year 1-5)||8 600 USD||7 300 USD||15 900 USD|
|Pharmacy (Year 1-5)||5 000 USD||4 500 USD||9 500 USD|
|Registration fee||200 USD|
Payments should be made to the following bank account:
Account name: IS International Studies
Account (IBAN) Number: HU38-10300002-10476764-40120037
H-1056, Váci u. 38. Budapest, Hungary
Swift code: MKKBHUHB
Note: The transfer sheet should include the name of the student as it is written in the passport.
Official website of the university: